Peer reviewed scientific journal.
The Journal publishes original research results, review articles (at the editorial board's request) and brief reports on the following sections of hydrophysics:
- thermohydrodynamics of the ocean and atmosphere;
- analysis of observational results and methods of calculation of ocean hydrophysical fields;
- experimental and expeditionary studies;
- satellite hydrophysics;
- mathematical modelling of marine systems;
- automation of scientific research of the seas and oceans.
- familiarisation of the world and Russian scientific community with the results of theoretical, experimental and expeditionary studies of the World Ocean;
- exchange of scientific information, experience, research and observation data with specialists from different regions of the country and abroad;
- increase of publication activity of national authors, rating of scientific organisations of Russia and level of national publications in the world scientific community according to their citation data;
- theoretical and practical assistance to scientists in preparing articles for printing that meet modern requirements of publication and scientific ethics;
- strengthening the popularity and authority of the publication, increasing the number of regular subscribers.
Periodicity of the journal is 6 issues a year.
Journal is on the LIST of peer reviewed academic journals of the Higher Attestation Commission of the Russian Federation, where one may publish main research results of a Ph.D. thesis in the following field:
- 1.6.17. Oceanology (geographical sciences),
- 1.6.17. Oceanology (technical sciences),
- 1.6.17. Oceanology (physical and mathematical sciences),
- 1.6.19. Aerospace studies of the Earth, photogrammetry (geographical sciences).
The Journal is indexed in:
- Russian Science Citation Index (RSCI)
- Google Scholar
- Web of Science (ESCI)
- Scopus (Q3 (Geophysics), Q4 (Oceanology) according to CiteScore, Q2 according to SNIP)
- EBSCO Publishing
Journal Coverage: the Russian Federation, other countries.
Publication Languages: Russian, English
Subscription is taken at post offices according to the online-catalogue “Pressa po Podpiske”. Subscription index: 93632.
The editorial board provides neither chargeable nor agent services. The Journal does not work with agents. Only authors themselves may submit articles. The authors pay no fee. Acceleration of article publication is not available.
The editorial board does not consider manuscripts that have been simultaneously submitted to any other journals. Nor does it consider papers, a significant part of which has already been published as an article or part of another paper. In case of the above mentioned situation, the editorial board will be compelled to investigate the case and take measures including retraction of such articles according to COPE Retraction Guidelines and ASEP Article Retraction Rules.
During 30 years Physical Oceanography has been acquainting scientific community with new achievements in different fields of modern research of the World Ocean. Значительное внимание в журнале уделяется проблемам Черного и Азовского морей.
Morskoy Gidrofizicheckiy Zhurnal was founded in 1985 as the All-Union Journal, from 1993 to 2014 it was a scientific publication of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. In 2015, it was registered as a Russian scientific journal with the Federal Service for Supervision in the Sphere of Communications, Information Technologies and Mass Communications (Certificate of Registration of Mass Media PI No. FS77-62201 dated 26 June 2015). It is also registered as a network media outlet (Mass Media Registration Certificate EL No. FS77-68165 dated 27 December 2016). In 2019, due to the reorganisation of the founder, changes were made to the record of media registration: printed version of the journal - registration number PI No. FS77-76617 dated 15 August 2019; online edition - registration number EL No. FS77-76616 dated 15 August 2019. Since January 1987, a translated version of the journal - Physical Oceanography (ISSN 1573-160X), which was called Soviet Journal of Physical Oceanography until 1992, has been published. The first years of its existence Physical Oceanography was translated and published first in paper form (1987-2002), then in electronic form by Kluwer Publishers, later and until 2012. - Springer. Since 2015, the translated version has been published by and on the basis of MHI RAS.
Founder and publisher
Federal State Budget Scientific Institution Federal Research Centre “Marine Hydrophysical Institute of RAS” (2 Каpitanskaya St., 299011, Sevastopol, Russian Federation)